Friday, January 16, 2009

What do I do with this stuff?

People are always asking me if I buy things I don't use. Yes, I do buy many things I don't use, if they are very cheap. And if they're free or money maker item, you better believe I'll take them. I don't believe in cheating the system by having multiple cards to stores where the limit is one card per household. I follow the rules, so other people can get the deals too!

The next question people often have is what do I do with the things I don't use. First, I'll give the items to friends or family if I know they use certain things that I have. They will love you for this, and if you're lucky they might offer to buy your lunch or start saving the coupons from their paper for you!

One of my goals for 2009 is to donate unused items to charitable organizations each month. I'm planning to throw together at least two baskets, or totes, for men, two for women, and two for children each month to donate to local shelters. My desire is to be able to spend time with the people there each month, when I drop of my donations. I think it will be a very uplifting experience!

What do you guys think?
What do you do with your surplus?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a great idea! More people should do the same.

Unknown said...

I love your blog! I have given you the Lemonade Award!