Thursday, November 13, 2008

How else can I save money?

What are other ways to save?

There are tons of ways to cut back your spending, besides on your grocery bill.
Here are a few that I have found helpful:
  1. I'm going to nursing school, and medical books are downright expensive! The book list from the school showed book costs to be around $800 + 10% sales tax = $880. I purchased my books at half.com yesterday for less than $250, and that was including shipping! Taxes are not charged since it is an out of state purchase.
  2. Thrift stores are a great place to find bargains. I don't want Jax to ruin his good clothes at daycare. My most recent transaction included: Blue button up shirt ($1.48), gray Old Navy Pullover ($0.79), Gymboree L/S t-shirt ($0.99), Nike jacket ($2.48), Levi Jeans ($2.98), Children's Place pajama sleeper ($1.48), Children's Place L/S striped button up (1.48), Old Navy Plaid button up ($1.98), baby Gap sweater vest ($0.79), Carter's sweater vest ($0.79), and a pair of White House Black Market Jeans for me that I plan on converting to something else ($2.48) = $17.72 + tax. Click here for a location near you!
  3. Raise your insurance deductibles if you can. This can lower your principle. I like to make sure that we have the deductible amount in our emergency fund. That means when I raised our car insurance deductible from $250 to $500, I had to put make sure we had $500 in our emergency fund.
What are some ways that you save money?

No comments: