Friday, October 10, 2008

Making lunch for friends!

My friend, Tracey, brought lunch for our office yesterday. She made a delicious Southern meal of pinto beans, corn bread, and cole slaw, so I thought I would reciprocate and make something today. I decided on baked potato soup, since I had the ingredients on hand, and it's a pretty likable meal.

Here's my version:

BAKED POTATO SOUP

Potatoes
1 can chicken broth
2 cups milk
3 cloves of fresh garlic
real bacon pieces
cheddar cheese
1 cup sour cream
salt and pepper to taste

Boil the potatoes until very soft. Let the cool and peel. Mash them up using a potato masher. In a medium bowl mix chicken broth, milk, garlic, and about 1/4 cup of the bacon pieces. Combine with potatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Add sour cream, salt, and pepper. Allow to cook about 5 more minutes. Serve with sour cream, cheese, and bacon toppings.
*Green onions are also a delicious topping, but I rarely have these on hand.

No comments: